Skip to main content

Resting Secure

As most of you know, I'm deep in the teaching job search. Which is growing my faith like crazy, and I love that part (really, only that part).

And for a reason I can only explain as God, I have a huge peace through this process. The last time I did this (two years ago in Indianapolis), I was putting all my hopes in me and how awesome I thought I was. And, no surprise, I didn't get a job, but did get a big piece of humble pie. Which is why this peace I have now is too good to keep to myself.

About a month ago, I found out there was unofficially a job opening at the school I work at now, in exactly the grade level I want to teach (5th), and I really liked the teachers who also taught that grade. But I wasn't exactly sure I even wanted to stay in this district, or even at that school. There were a lot of things I just wasn't used to, and I was worried I wouldn't be happy. So, I prayed about it- for clarity and specific direction. About two weeks later, I had a very coincidental and needed conversation about a lot of the exact things I had on my mind with the teacher I work with. A week after that, our principal announced that there was going to be an opening... in 2nd grade. So I said nothing; it felt like my prayer was answered.

Fast forward to yesterday, when she finally announced the 5th grade opening, and my unsettled and anxious self took over again, with thoughts like this:

"God, I thought you had already answered this prayer! I thought that you had spoken so clearly! So, what do I do now? Why am I so confused?"

Almost immediately Philippians 4:6-7 started running through my head... Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

So today I talked to the principal, and asked to considered for the 5th grade opening, and she told me that she was going to fill the position with one of the finalists from the 2nd grade opening. And for a split second I regretted not talking to her sooner.
But only a split second. Because I referred to my original thought: I prayed for clarity, and God gave it to me. And God is always good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Caught

I am a Christian who voted for Hillary. Now that that's out of the way... I've noticed a growing disconnect between the way I was raised and the expectations for me. When I mentioned in passing to my mom that I had never voted for the person who became president, there was a pause. And when the question finally came, "You voted for Hillary?" there was something there I couldn't place. Surprise, sure... but something else. I've felt it this whole election cycle. Christians passionately and loudly came down on both sides. Listen, neither candidate was perfect, and neither exemplifies Biblical living perfectly. Now that that's out of the way... Here are my thoughts... here's why  I voted for her. 1. I was raised to be a thoughtful, caring and compassionate person. I was taught that my value does not come from the words people use to describe me (although that does show me the value they place on me). So when I hear a man who is runni

Worth the Chance

Originally I had planned on only posting when I had something to add to my 1000 Gifts list. But that would mean two things: 1. I could potentially go for a long time without posting anything 2. I would actually have to look for things to be grateful for... And there it is. The hard part. I can say so many times that I am a grateful person, and that I have so much to be grateful for. So making a list of 1000 things should be no problem (especially for an avid list maker such as myself). And yet... this is only my second blog post, and it's been about two weeks. In my Bible reading this week I was reading in Judges and came across a very hard verse. To put into context what's going on here, the Israelites have entered the promised land. And, with Joshua's help, they have driven out the occupants, started to settle the land, and are beginning to enjoy peace from God. Except... they haven't done so great with driving out the occupants. For any number of r